- No system will work with over-sized classes. About 15
- It is almost impossible to teach effectively if a class contains pupils with too wide a range of abilities
- There is a yawning class gap in Britain. From the point of view of education policy the difficulty is the existence of an underclass whose children do not want to go to school to work and are not encouraged to do so by their irresponsible parents.
- Some areas have concentrations of members of the underclass which causes difficulties for the schools within whose catchment areas they lie.
- Family life has become volatile amongst all social classes which makes for disturbed children who can be difficult to teach.
- Also within all social classes there are children who are difficult to teach and have special needs.
- There is the prospect of unemployment or drudge jobs for school leavers, which is a de-motivator.
måndag 2 mars 2009
School admission policies
Some local authorities have been using lotteries to select pupils for secondary schools. This is likely to be banned. What should be done?
kl. mars 02, 2009
The BitCoin mania reminds me of tulip mania. I might be mistaken, since a currency has a value as a medium of exchange as long as enough peo...
Following the incident in London on Friday night, there are still journalists and politicians who attempt to distance the present round of t...
That, "Industry and agriculture should be protected, for as long as we need people to have jobs", is a fallacy based on popular/po...
I have to be careful what I commit myself to these days; I can end up having nothing to eat apart from the rice cakes and tinned mackerel wh...