måndag 18 december 2006

My tax demand for £0.00

Last week I received a statement from the Inland Revenue telling me that I owed £0.00.

I telephoned to say that I did not need this information and if there were any cuts to be made in the "service", this might be a good place to start.

Needless to say, the bureaucrat I spoke to explained how important it was to tell people this. I said I could have been notified by email as I had completed my return on line. There was no answer to this.

Meantime, we are threatened with wholesale closure of post offices.

The tax system costs over £25 billion a year.

Inga kommentarer:

The Power of Silence by Cardinal Sarah

Cardinal Sarah is the Guinean cardinal who heads the Vatican’s Congregation for Divine Worship. He is also the author of The Power of Silenc...